You should definately consider adding videos to your marketing strategy.
Video is the big thing right now and all the social media platforms are prioritising video content over written and picture posts.
You don’t need to show your face, you can do a video of your current product range with you voicing all the details. You can make a video of you creating one of your products just showing your hands, or show how you package your products up to show what your customers can expect once their purchase arrives.
If you are comfortable in front of the camera, that’s great, as it gives your audience a chance to connect with you and resonate with the person behind the brand.
Tips for recording videos
- Make sure your video is recorded in the same aspect as the platform you are posting it to uses. Pinterest and Instagram needs portrait videos, YouTube should be in landscape, Facebook can be in either
- Use a tripod. There’s nothing worse than watching a shaky video, and it doesn’t look very professional either.
- Make your video in natural light, or get a ring light with a daylight setting.
- Do practice videos. If you’re nervous then do a practice run so you know what to say and can see how your setup looks to your audience.
- Try and keep your background uncluttered. Did you see the bloopers some people made on Zoom calls over lockdown? Check your background to save your blushes, cameras have a wider field of view than you might realise
- Edit your video. There are some really good free online editors so you can edit out long pauses and the the beginning and end where you are operating your device